These scarves are soft and subtly colored and with just the right amount of drape. Two colors of our own American Maid™ Naturally Colored Cotton and natural white yarn combine to make a sophisticated scarf. The pattern is for either 4-Harness M&O’s and twill combination, or an 8-Harness two-block, broken twill pattern. This kit contains enough yarn for two long scarves (approximately 8″x 72″). The 10/2 yarns are sett at 20 epi, and you will need to beat lightly to make these lovely, soft scarves.
To make the American Maid™ yarns, we blended naturally colored cotton with the finest white cotton, all grown and spun here in the US. The Dark and Light yarns will darken over time instead of the usual fading. These yarns are beautiful together and we hope these lovely scarves are as fun to weave as they are to wear.
- 20 EPI, 20 PPI
- Warp length: 4 yards, 9” in reed
- These scarves have a great feel to them because we sett the 10/2 American Maid™ cotton yarn at 20 epi. Make sure when you are weaving this scarf that you beat lightly and try to beat in only 20 picks per inch. This will allow the yarns to stay soft and supple in the finished product.
- 4 or 8 Harness loom with at least 15-inch weaving width, 10 dent reed.
- 3 colors of 10/2 unmercerized cotton yarn. Two 1.5oz mini cones of each is just the right size to weave both scarves. You will have very little waste.
Contents of Kit by Colorway:
- 2- 1.5 oz cone 10/2 American Maid unmercerized cotton yarn each: Dark Brown, Light Brown, Natural White
- 2- 1.5 oz cone 10/2 American Maid unmercerized cotton yarn each: Dark Green, Light Green, Natural White
For more information on how to care for these yarns, please go to YARN CARE