3 colors of yarn subtly change from one side of the warp to the other. There are endless weaving possibilities for these two scarves on just 2-4 harnesses.
The kit contains enough yarn for two scarves, with finished dimensions of approximately 7″x 58″. The instructions include directions for both a plain weave scarf and a 3/1 lace patterned scarf. Instructions are written for both rigid heddle looms and 4 shaft looms.
You will need a loom with an 8 and 10 dent reed, and at least 10″ weaving width. To make the 3/1 lace scarf, you will need a pickup stick or a 4 shaft loom.
- 8epi (plain weave) or 10 epi (lace weave)
- 8ppi (plain weave) or 10 ppi (lace weave)
- Warp length 90”
- Width in reed 9” (plain weave) or 7” (lace weave)
- 8 and 10 dent reed (use the 8-dent reed for plain weave scarf and the 10-dent reed for the lace pattern scarf), loom with at least 9-inch weaving width.
- 3 mini cones of 3 adjacent Tubular Spectrum Colors of 10/2 Mercerized cotton. In the following instructions, we refer to the three yarn colors as Color A, Color B, and Color C. You will use three strands of yarn at all times. As you warp, you will shift through the three colors beginning with three strands of Color A (AAA), then moving to 2 strands of Color A and one of Color B (AAB), and so on.
Contents of Kit by Colorway:
- 3- 1.5 oz cone 10/2 Tubular Spectrum mercerized cotton yarn each: 10 Blue, 5 Blue, 10 Blue Green
- 3- 1.5 oz cone 10/2 Tubular Spectrum mercerized cotton yarn each: 10 Purple, 5 Red Purple, 10 Red Purple
For more information on how to care for these yarns, please go to YARN CARE