3 colors of yarn subtly change from one side of the warp to the other. There are endless weaving possibilities for these two scarves on just 2-4 harnesses.
The kit contains enough yarn for two scarves, with finished dimensions of approximately 7″x 58″. The instructions include directions for both a plain weave scarf and a 3/1 lace patterned scarf. Instructions are written for both rigid heddle looms and 4 shaft looms.
You will need a loom with an 8 and 10 dent reed, and at least 10″ weaving width. To make the 3/1 lace scarf, you will need a pickup stick or a 4 shaft loom.
- Plain weave scarf:
- 9” wide in the heddle (reed)
- 8 epi and 8 ppi
- Lace weave scarf:
- 7” wide in the heddle (reed)
- 10 epi and 10 ppi
- Rigid Heddle or 4-Shaft loom with at least 9-inch weaving width. For Rigid Heddle Loom: you need an 8 and 10 dent heddle (use the 8-dent heddle for plain weave scarf and the 10-dent heddle for the lace pattern scarf). Pickup stick needed for Rigid Heddle version of lace weave scarf.
Contents of Kit by Colorway:
Tequila Sunrise Colorway
- 3- 1.5 oz cones of 10/2 Tubular Spectrum mercerized cotton yarn each: 5 Yellow, Tangerine, Coral
- 3- 1.5 oz cones of 10/2 Tubular Spectrum mercerized cotton yarn each: 10 Blue, 5 Blue, 10 Blue Green
- 3- 1.5 oz cones 10/2 Tubular Spectrum mercerized cotton yarn each: 10 Purple, 5 Red Purple, 10 Red Purple
For more information on how to care for these yarns, please go to YARN CARE
Listen to the Loon! This is a 2-fish kit: Intermediate level. This probably shouldn’t be the first thing you put on your loom. It would make a great third project!
There are no reviews yet.