This scarf pattern plays with a combination of block weaves and color changes. Colors and blocks change at different points, and this shift increases the visual complexity of the handwoven fabrics!
The 8 harness version uses twill blocks, and the 4 harness version uses twill combinations. Both the 4 and 8 harness patterns are equally beautiful. Try them both some time!
This scarf has a great feel to it because we sett the 10/2 mercerized cotton at 20 epi. This allows the yarns to stay soft and supple in the finished product. If you add beads to the fringe as you ply them, these scarves become truly dazzling.
We owe a deep debt of gratitude to two of our honorary lunatics, Paula Heller and Mary Berent, who helped make these scarves a reality!
Listen to the Loon! Difficulty level for this kit is Intermediate to Advanced (Two fish). This is a Four to Eight harness kit.
- 20 EPI, 20 PPI
- Warp length: 4 yards long for one scarf, (7 yards for 2 scarves)
- 9” in reed
- Loom with at least 10-inch weaving width, 10 dent reed.
- 1 shuttle, 3 bobbins
- 3 colors of 10/2 mercerized cotton yarn. Two 1.5oz mini cones are just the right size to weave both scarves. You will not have much yarn left over.
Kit Contents by Colorway:
- 2 each- 1.5 oz 10/2 cone each: 5 Purple Blue, 10 Red, 10 Purple
- 2 each- 1.5 oz 10/2 cone each: 10 Blue, 10 Blue Green, 10 Purple Blue
- 2- 1.5 oz 10/2 cone each: 5 Red Purple, 5 Blue Green, 5 Blue
2- 1.5 oz 10/2 cone each: Light Gray, Middle Gray, Very Dark Gray
For more information on how to care for these yarns, please go to: YARN CARE