As shown in the May/June 2014 Issue of Handwoven Magazine, page 56-58, this kit contains the yarns needed to weave a handsome, sturdy table runner and a soft, dazzling shawl. Both items come from the same warp…the runner is sett at 30 epi, and the shawl is sett at 20 epi. Listen to the Loon! Difficulty level is Intermediate to Advanced (Two fish). This is a Four harness kit.
- Width in reed: 25.6” for shawl, 17.1 for runner
- Woven length (measured under tension on the loom): Shawl is 80”, Runner is 52”
- Finished size after washing: Shawl: 72” plus 8-10” inches of fringe on either end, Runner: 44”.
- 10 Dent Reed, 4 harness loom
Contents of Kit:
- 1-8oz cone each of 10/2 mercerized cotton yarn: 10 Red, 5 Red Purple
- 2- 1.5 oz cone each of 10/2 mercerized cotton yarn: 10 Purple
- 1- 1.5 oz cone each of 10/2 mercerized cotton yarn: 5 Yellow Red, 5 Purple
- 1- 1.5 oz cone of 20/2 mercerized cotton yarn: 5 Red Purple
For more information on how to care for these yarns, please go to YARN CARE