- 2 fully colored projects (approximately 18” x 72” (either hemmed or with fringe))
- Twill Blocks and Doubleweave
- 8 harness
- 20” wide in reed, 6-yard warp (Allows for 36” loom waste that includes fringes on both ends and 20” for fringe between the two projects)
- 40 epi
- 18 PPI for the warp-faced shawl, about 28 PPI for the double-weave shawl
- 8 shaft loom with at least 20” weaving width
- You will need 100 heddles on each of your 8 shafts.
- 2 shuttles, one bobbin wound with black 10/2, 20 bobbins or cardboard tubes wound with each of the colors of the Tubular Spectrum™
- 10 dent reed
Contents of Kit:
- 1- 1.5 oz cone each of 10/2 mercerized cotton yarn: 10 Yellow, 5 Yellow, 10 Yellow Red, 5 Yellow Red, 10 Red, 5 Red, 10 Red Purple, 5 Red Purple, 10 Purple, 5 Purple, 10 Purple Blue, 5 Purple Blue, 10 Blue, 5 Blue, 10 Blue Green, 5 Blue Green, 10 Green, 5 Green, 10 Green Yellow, 5 Green Yellow
- 1- 4 oz cone of 10/2 mercerized cotton yarn: Black
Our Master Weaver Series highlights the inspiring talents of Master Weavers. We have worked with these amazing hand-crafters to bring you stunning kits made from high-quality yarns.
Jennifer Moore designed this kit for the Master Weaver’s Series. Jennifer holds an MFA in Fibers and specializes in exploring mathematical patterns and musical structures in doubleweave wall hangings. She has exhibited throughout the world, receiving numerous awards for her work, and has been featured in many weaving publications. Jennifer lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and travels extensively to teach workshops in doubleweave, color, and geometric design. Jennifer was invited to teach doubleweave to indigenous Quechua weavers in Peru in 2013, where they are once again excelling in this technique which had been discontinued after the Spanish conquest. She is the author of The Weaver’s Studio: Doubleweave, several doubleweave videos, and online courses, and numerous articles.
For more information on how to care for these yarns, please go to YARN CARE
There are no reviews yet.