- 4 place mats (approximately 18” x 12” each)
- 4-shaft repp weave
- 30 EPI, 5 total PPI (thick and thin) (12 PPI in hems)
- Warp length 4-yards, 12 ½” in reed.
- A loom with at least 4 shafts and at least a 13” weaving width.
- 10 or 15 dent reed
- 2 shuttles, 2 bobbins
Total Yarn needed:
- Warp yarn: 3/2 Tubular Spectrum™ mercerized cotton: Black: 1 lb cone, Very Dark Gray, Burnt Umber and Copper: one 4 oz cone each, Medium Gray and 5 Blue: 1.5 oz cone.
- Weft yarn: (thick weft, used quadruped) 8/16 heavy unmercerized cotton: Noir 1 lb tube.
- Weft yarn: (thin weft) 10/2 Tubular Spectrum™ mercerized cotton Black: 1.5 oz cone.
Our Master Weaver Series highlight the inspiring talents of Master Weavers. We have worked with these amazing hand-crafters to bring you stunning kits made from high quality yarns.
Cynthia Newman designed these magical, foldable Napkins. Cynthia enjoys the contrast between her rural lifestyle and designs influenced by her urban childhood. Her inspiration comes from modern, industrial design and architecture. Attracted to repetitive patterns found in large cargo ships, bridges, machines and grain silos, she translates the patterns into her weavings. Cynthia received Master Weaver certification from Handweavers Guild of America in 2018; recently completed work as a Look Development Textile Designer for a feature film; was awarded Best Technical Excellence for Color Blocks I, II & III in Weaving Guilds of Oregon traveling exhibition in 2018. Her studio is in northeast Oregon.
For more information on how to care for these yarns, please go to: YARN CARE