Take your weaving to a whole new level with the Cricket Quartet!
Twill, waffle weave, bird’s eye, summer and winter, doubleweave—if you’ve ever looked at pattern books or weaving projects in magazines, you’ve seen these weave structures. They’re easy to weave on a Cricket Quartet because your loom does most of the work. Each shaft moves independently. Once you thread heddles on the 4 shafts, those warp threads will also move independently. To weave, you simply flip the Quartet’s levers up and down according to the pattern draft: some shafts go up and others stay down. Then you pass the shuttle through the shed and beat, just like rigid heddle weaving.
Warping the Cricket Quartet allows you to learn new skills or add to existing ones. You’ll warp the loom indirectly from a simple-to-read pattern draft. The thoughtful design of the Cricket Quartet provides the warping space you need in a compact package.
The Cricket with installed Quartet will easily fit in your car for workshops and classes. Your enhanced Cricket will still fit on the 15″ Cricket Stand.
Want to switch between rigid heddle and shaft weaving? You can easily install and remove the Cricket Quartet depending on the project you want to weave—enjoy the best of both worlds.
Engineered to be easy to weave.
The Cricket Quartet reimagines the 15″ Cricket and transforms it into a 4-shaft loom with a 13-1/2″ weaving width. Schacht engineered the Quartet with thoughtful features that help you weave more complex patterns. Closely spaced levers move with smooth action to raise and lower shafts. You’ll achieve clean sheds with help from the extended back beam. The pivot beater maximizes your weaving space. Like all Schacht products, the Cricket Quartet is manufactured in the USA.
- Includes 300 Texsolv heddles and your choice of 6, 8, 10, 12, or 15 dent reed
- Made of high-quality maple plywood and solid hard maple; left unfinished to match your Cricket loom
- Ships flat-packed, with assembly required
- 15″ Cricket Loom and optional 15″ Cricket Stand sold separately
- You will need a warping system (a warping peg set or warping board) for measuring warp chains—try our Warping Pegs or Warping Board (available in 4-1/2 yard and 14 yard sizes)
- Recommended accessories: 11″ slim boat shuttle, plastic bobbins, bobbin winder, 15″ Cricket Stand