We have assembled all the 8/2 American Maid™ Naturally Colored Yarns you need to weave 4 different towels. All of these yarns are made from cotton grown here in the American west and spun in the US. We purchase cotton lint from farmers who use modern sustainable farming practices.
When you wash the finished towels with baking soda, it will change the color of the yarns. The green cotton is especially affected by the alkalinity of the wash water. And, the colors will deepen over time.
See the May/June 2014 Handwoven issue for full details. If you don’t have the issue, you can purchase the pattern here.
Photo by Joe Coca.
- 4 towels
- 4-harness weave structure
- 20 epi, 26” in the reed.
- Finished towels are approximately 21.5”x 30”
- 4-shaft loom with 26” weaving width
- 10 dent reed
Contents of Kit:
- 1- 1 lb cone 8/2 American Maid unmercerized yarn: Natural White
- 1- 4 oz cone 8/2 American Maid unmercerized yarn each: Dark Green, Light Green, Dark Brown, Light Brown
For more information on how to care for these yarns, please go to YARN CARE
There are no reviews yet.